Hooley Productions believes that we have a responsibility to make work which is inclusive of a wide range of experience. We recognise that diversity and inclusion help to support creativity and innovation. We are committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion and ensuring there is no discrimination in our company. We want our workforce to be representative of all sections of society. We want our company to be one in which every employee and freelancer feels respected and able to give their best.
To that end, this policy provides a framework of equality and fairness for all in our employment. It expresses our commitment not to discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marital status (including civil partnerships), race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
This policy applies to employed and freelance staff.
All freelancers and employees, whether part-time, full-time or temporary, will be treated fairly and with respect. Selection for employment, whether as a member of staff or on a freelance basis, will be on the basis of aptitude and ability. Access to opportunities for promotion, training or any other benefit will also be on the basis of aptitude and ability. All employees will be encouraged to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of the workforce will be fully utilised to maximise the creativity and success of the company.
• When recruiting, actively seek to increase the number of people we work with who are from groups/communities that are under-represented in the broadcast industries.
• Review all our formal and informal employment/hiring practices and procedures to ensure they are fair and help us to identify the best talent.
• Identify and take opportunities to increase the diversity of casting decisions.
• Ensure reasonable adjustments are made to enable disabled people to work in or with our company, both as performers and as production staff.
• Actively seek to increase the diversity of our talent networks.
• Create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our staff and freelancers are recognised and valued.
• Ensure every employee and freelancer is able towork in an environment that promotes dignity and respect for all. We will not tolerate any form of intimidation, bullying or harassment.
• Ensure training, development and progression opportunities are available to all staff.
• We have set ourselves the following diversity goals:
Along with our current stable of writers, we will seek to make new relationships with a diverse group of writers for whom we will try to secure commissions. We will listen to those writers throughout the production process and we will respect their opinions and their experience. We will continue to cast diversely and we will make sure that this is facilitated at the script-development stage.
We will monitor the success of this policy regularly, reviewing each production. Both company directors are responsible for ensuring this policy is implemented.
Last reviewed: September 2022